Looking for a great way to celebrate your lost loved one’s life, honor their passing, and ease your feelings of loss? Decorating their gravesite after their service at a funeral home in Oakland, CA is a great place to start.
But do you know where to start when it comes to decorating a gravesite? Here are some fun, uplifting, and unique gravesite decoration ideas to inspire you for your loved one’s final resting place:
- Fresh Flowers – Even a simple, fresh bouquet that you leave once a week mean a lot. Plus, they give you a chance to visit the gravesite often.
- Preserved Flowers – Keep the flowers on your lost loved one’s grave fresh forever by preserving them. Order a custom preserved bouquet in resin, or purchase a paperweight orb with flowers inside.
- Floral Saddle – A cemetery saddle is a flower arrangement resting on a metal “saddle.” It has legs so it can balance on top of the headstone.
- Solar Flowers – Solar flowers are fake flowers that light up at night after charging throughout the day in the sun.
- Personalized Flower Vase – Instead of a standard vase, invest in a personalized one that features a special message to your loved one, an etching, or any kind of meaningful inscription.
- Memorial Candles – Flameless battery or solar powered candles are just as beautiful as real candles, but are much safer and longer-lasting.
- Personalized Photo Lantern – You can order custom lanterns that are printed with a photo of your lost loved one. Place a flameless candle inside the lantern and leave it on the grave to light up at night.
- Candle Figurines – Buy a candle figurine that holds any candles you choose and represents a meaningful image, like an angel, animal, or symbol. You can even repurpose an old jar or mason jar by filling it with candles or twinkle lights.
- Personalized Flag – Place a flag in the ground near the gravesite with a personalized photo, message, or image. Add dates to make it even more personal.
- Memorial Benches – If the cemetery allows, place a memorial bench near the gravesite so you always have a place to sit and remember fond days when visiting.
- Homemade Tributes – Nothing is more meaningful than a homemade tribute like handwritten notes, paintings, drawings, or even typed up poems or memories.
- Memorial Stones – Stones have been used in memorialization for centuries. There are even examples in the Bible. Paint a stone yourself or order one online.
- American Flag – If your lost loved one was a veteran, plant an American flag or the flag of their armed forces division.
- Grave Blankets – Grave blankets are painted with grass, foliage, or flowers so they can make the grave green and lovely even in the winter months when it’s too cold for fresh plants.
These are just a few of the many ways you can decorate your lost loved one’s gravesite. Deer Creek Funeral Service is here to help if you want more inspiration or information on Oakland, CA funeral homes. Call or visit us today to learn more about what we can do for you in your time of loss.