While its never easy to think about your eventual passing, preplanning your cremation in Castro Valley, CA is one of the best things you can do for your family, and for yourself.
Preplanning for your cremation can help both you and your loved ones in many different ways. The benefits of preplanning a cremation include:
- Easing Your Family’s Burden: Let your family know exactly what you want for your cremation so they don’t have to guess what to do after you’re gone, or spend time making painful decisions when they should be grieving with loved ones.
- Making Sure Your Wishes Are Met: Make sure you get the exact cremation and memorial service you want by taking care of the details and clearly laying them out for your friends and family. This way they won’t be able to argue or disagree.
- Creating a Meaningful Service: Memorial services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event. Preplan so they don’t have to.
- Maintaining Self-Reliance: Taking charge of your memorial services and cremation allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them. This is good for your mental health at the end of your life, and gives you more self-reliance.
- Financial Responsibility: You can plan for how to cover the cremation costs in advance to make it easier for your family’s bank accounts and stress levels. Look into cremation insurance or funeral trusts to help ensure financial ease for your cremation and service.
These are just a few of the ways preplanning your cremation can help both you and your family. But how do you go about preplanning a cremation?
The first step is to make some choices. Think about what you want for your cremation, and be prepared to make choices such as:
- Choose what to do with your remains, from burial and scattering to more non-traditional methods of body disposal like a biodegradable urn or water internment.
- Pick out your memorial theme, like military, religious, or non-traditional.
- Decide between a funeral home or crematory for your cremation and service.
- Detail memorial or funeral specifications like preferred music, desired readings, special decorations and video displays.
- Choose your final resting place. There are a ton of options, but the main ones include: a family plot or mausoleum, columbarium, or cremation urn.
Preplanning your cremation isn’t as hard or overwhelming as you would think once you get started, and it can only help you and your loved ones after your death.
If you do need more assistance with preplanning, Deer Creek Funeral Service can help. We have years of experience with Castro Valley, CA cremations, and would be happy to help you however we can. Please stop by and visit us at 20630 Redwood Rd Castro Valley, CA 94546. You can also give us a call at (510) 317-7890 to learn more.